This Raspberry cream Torta Caprese is a simple and decadently delicious dessert that you can make for any occasion.
This Raspberry Cream Torta Caprese was inspired by the traditional desert. Which is a chocolate cake made with almond meal that originated from Capri, Italy. It’s made with an almond base which avoids the use of traditional baking flour making it gluten-free. This desert has a fudgey texture that is almost pudding like. However complex and rich flavor it is actually quite simple to make at home. This recipe does not require beating and or adding egg whites which we all know can be time consuming. This exclusion adds to the recipe’s simplicity to recreate.
The inspiration for this Raspberry cream Torta Caprese came to us from a T.V. segment we saw late one night. Wanting to fill the craving and having all the ingredients in the pantry, it was easy to recreate. However, we wanted to add our touch to the original recipe. Finally, decided that the perfect pairing would need to be a bit tart to cut the richness of the chocolate. Raspberries always go great with chocolate and add the perfect balance. Naturally we wanted to make a raspberry whipped topping. That is how we added our own touch to the delicious desert. Lastly, we highly recommend topping off the with fresh raspberries and sliced almonds. This it really is the perfect desert. Please try this recipe out and let us know what you think.
Want more delicious desserts?
- 20 Genius Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Unbelievably Moist Banana Bread (#1 MOST POPULAR recipe with 2 Million Pageviews!!!)
- Hawaiian Pineapple Nut Banana Bread
- Mini Banana Bread Bottomed Cheesecake
- Smore’s Krispie Treats
- 2 1/2 Cups Roasted Slicd Almonds
- 5 Large eggs
- 3 Teaspoons Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 12 oz Organic Bitter Sweet Chocolate
- 12 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup Organic raspberry preserves
- 1 Cup Fresh raspberries For garnish and to add into cream
- Turn stove top up to medium heat. Add the sliced almonds to a large pan make sure that the almonds are not over crowded in the pan. Toast them on the stove until they are golden brown. once done place them in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300°F and prep the 9" springform pan by greasing the pan and adding a layer of parchment paper to the bottom of the pan.
- Roughly chop the bittersweet chocolate chips. place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor, process 2 cups of almonds until they are finely ground. Add in the bittersweet chocolate chips and pulse until they are finely ground and well incorporated.
- With the processor running add in the brown sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Once its all well incorporated, slowly pour in the eggs. Continue to process until the batter is smooth.
- Add batter into the prepped pan and place in the preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes. *Note: Time will vary depending on the oven being used. Bake until the center of the torta feels firm. Insert a toothpick into the center gently, the crumbs should be fudgey and crumbly.
- Remove from oven and place on a rack to cool.
- In a bowl pour 12 oz of heavy whipping cream into a large bowl. Using a hand mixer to whip into a whipped cream.
- Add in raspberry preserves and mix into the cream on the lowest setting. *Note: at this point add in fresh raspberries.
- Once the raspberry cream is set, pour into a pipping and place in a freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Once the torta and cream are cooled and set. Place the torta on to a serving platter and pipe on the raspberry cream. Garnish with fresh raspberries and toasted almonds.
Leave a Reply