These cheesy bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are the perfect appetizer for a crowd. Peppers stuffed with cream cheese, green onion and shredded cheddar is a delicious combo. Did I mention these are low-carb, keto friendly too?
This easy party appetizer only includes five ingredients. I used to buy the prepared packs of jalapeño poppers at our local grocery store, but they were so boring. I wanted a more flavorful filling, so I started making my own version. Now they are my go-to appetizer for parties and get-togethers!
I used shredded cheddar cheese in the bag, but if you have a block of cheese I would recommend grating it. Freshly grated cheese in this recipe is meltier and frankly just looks better when baked with the cream cheese. However, there is nothing wrong with already shredded cheddar.
To make mixing the filling together easier, its best to leave the cream cheese sit out to soften up. You can also warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds or use a hand mixer to mix all the ingredients together.
As you are stuffing the jalapeños, don’t overstuff them. When they are baking, you don’t want the filling to ooze out. The bacon should help keep it all together. Feel free to use toothpicks to secure the bacon ends in place.
Want More Delicious Appetizers?
- Melon Ball Prosciutto Salad
- Mini BBQ Meatloaf
- Prosciutto Mozzarella Brushetta
- Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
|12 poppers||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|20 minutes||30 minutes|
These cheesy bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are the perfect appetizer for a crowd. Peppers stuffed with cream cheese, green onion and shredded cheddar is a delicious combo. These are low-carb, keto friendly too.
- 12 jalapenos, halved lengthwise cleaned of seeds
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese,
- 6 slices center cut bacon, halved
- 7 green onions, chopped , white and light green parts only
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder optional
- pinch salt and pepper
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Add softened cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onions, garlic powder and salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Mix together with a hand mixer or manually stir.
- Stuff each pepper half with the cream cheese and green onion mixture. Wrap half a bacon slice around each pepper. Use a toothpick to hold the bacon ends if needed.
- Arrange the stuffed peppers on baking sheet.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, until cheese starts to brown. Then put under broiler for a few minutes to crisp the bacon. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
Kylee from Kylee Cooks says
These look so good! I’d eat the whole batch myself (and be very sorry later). YUM!!