This is an easy 15 minute Shrimp Scampi Pasta recipe that is a perfect meal for a busy weeknight.
I’ve been dying to use my new Curtis Stone 14″ Deep Multipurpose Pan for weeks now. It only took one HSN airing to realize I needed THAT pan! I was in desperate need of a new large non-stick skillet, and it did not disappoint. I decided to test this magnificent pan with my favorite shrimp pasta recipe to see if it could really hold all of the ingredients.
Depending on how much time you have, you can choose to buy the pre-peeled shrimp or peel and devein them yourself. This is the longest part of the process anyway – no judgement here!
After you saute the shrimp in the butter, mushrooms, olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, you’ll stir in the white wine and lemon juice. The delicious aroma will fill the kitchen. Once you add the fettuccine and garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese, its ready to serve! Add chopped fresh basil and parsley for an extra touch of flavor.
Try More Delicious Recipes
- One Pot Smoked Sausage & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Pierogi with Homemade Meat Sauce
- One Pot Chili Cheese Mac
- Italian Sausage Rigatoni with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Mozzarella Chicken Marinara
- Easy Rotisserie Chicken Pho
- 8 oz fettuccine or linguine
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 tbsp salted butter
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 5 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup white wine, I used Chardonnay
- 1 cup shaved or grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 zest of lemon, to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil or parsley
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook Pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a deep skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add peeled shrimp, sliced mushrooms, olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Saute for 3 minutes, stirring half way through until shrimp is cooked through.
- Stir in fresh squeezed lemon juice and white wine (or low-sodium chicken stock). Turn heat down to simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pasta, half of the Parmesan Cheese and lemon zest (to taste).
- Add chopped parsley or basil and other half of Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
If you don't want to use alcohol, use low-sodium chicken stock in lieu of white wine.
Recipe calls for red pepper flakes BUT doesn’t specify how much?
Hey Linda, sorry about that. I’ve updated the ingredients list to add the 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.