This super easy One Pot Smoked Sausage & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta dish is so creamy and delicious, that with one bite it will be on your dinner rotation.
Okay, so I’m a little biased – but I love sausage with my pasta. It doesn’t matter if its ground, links, patty or any type of form – it just tastes so good with pasta and creamy sauce! In case you haven’t noticed, many of my main dishes include sausage as the primary protein.
- Italian Sausage Rigatoni with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Low-Carb Sausage Cauliflower Casserole
- Mini BBQ Meatloaf
- Sausage and Heirloom Tomato Frittata
- Pierogi and Homemade Meat Sauce
- Sausage Biscuit and Egg Casserole
Whenever possible, you should make your own pasta sauce. Sure, it may take extra work and more ingredients – but it is totally worth it. When I think of pasta, I think of a cream sauce or perhaps a tomato based sauce. You can’t go wrong with either.
If you like spicy food (like me) don’t be afraid to add in a few teaspoons of crushed red pepper. It really does make a difference.
This Smoked Sausage and Sun-Dried Tomatoes over penne pasta in a creamy sauce is a must try! I can’t express that enough.
I would love to know what you thought of this tasty pasta dish!
Follow on Pinterest, Twitter or Facebook
|4 servings||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|15 minutes||25 minutes|
This super easy and creamy sausage and sun-dried tomato pasta dish is so delicious, that with one bite it will be on your dinner rotation.
- 13-14 oz smoked sausage
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz canned sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 8 oz penne
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Four cheese blend, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Slice sausage into 1/4" rounds. In a deep skillet over med-high heat, add olive oil, chopped onions and sausage; saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Add sun-dried tomatoes, penne, chicken broth, heavy whipping cream and crushed red pepper. Turn heat to high.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Then stir, cover and simmer for 11-12 minutes. Add cheese, parsley and serve hot.
Rebecca Robson says
This looks really yummy ? I need to make a dairy free version!
I love how easy and quick this is, perfect for weeknight dinners!
Jenna Urben says
Oh my gosh, this sounds delicious 🙂 My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I’m gonna have to add this to my list of recipes to try!