Italian Sausage Rigatoni with Tomato Cream Sauce makes for an easy and delicious weeknight dinner. The sautéed caramelized onion and garlic pair perfectly with the Italian sausage to make a flavorful sauce.
Chicken broth is added and reduced to saturate the onion and sausage followed by a can of diced tomatoes. The creamy sauce comes from the heavy cream and shredded parmesan. It is the final touch that thickens the sauce and brings it all together. If you like spice, go ahead and add a few teaspoons of crushed red pepper.
For this recipe, I used Rigatoni pasta – however you could also use Bow Tie or Rotini.
I love garnishes, so I added fresh parsley and a little more shredded parmesan. You could also use fresh basil or just salt and pepper for seasoning.
Want More Dinner Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Chow Mein Hamburger Hot Dish
- Cauliflower Sausage Casserole
- Grilled Basil Pesto Chicken Portobello Mushrooms
- One Pot Cheesy Chili Mac
- Breaded Pork Chops with Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Mozzarella Chicken Marinara