A flavorful Low-Carb Sage Sausage and Veggie recipe made in a sheet pan. A great idea for a healthy meal prep or easy low carb dinner.
Like a child, my husband does not like to eat his vegetables. Luckily, he’ll eat them if they are paired with one of his favorite meats a.k.a SAUSAGE! Any kind of sausage – chicken, turkey or pork. If you haven’t noticed, I have a TON of sausage recipes on my blog, including one of his favorite. Don’t get me wrong, I love sausage too. However, I have to get creative to get him to eat a lot of vegetables at dinner time.
This recipe is so easy to make and is a great weekly meal prep idea. Just use any veggies you have on hand – there are no rules! There is also no rule on what kind of sausage you prefer to use.
I love smoked chicken or Italian turkey sausage. You can’t go wrong with either. If neither of those sound good to you, try Kielbasa (Polish) sausage. Kielbasa is amazing, it’s made with pork and will be just as delicious with all the seasonings.
More Delicious Sausage Recipes To Try
- Italian Sausage Rigatoni with Tomato Cream Sauce
- One Pot Smoked Sausage & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Cauliflower Sausage Casserole
- Sausage Biscuit & Egg Casserole
- Sausage and Heirloom Tomato Frittata
|4 servings||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|25 minutes||45 minutes|
A flavorful Low Carb Sage Sausage and Veggie recipe made in a sheet pan. A great idea for a healthy meal prep or easy low carb dinner.
- 1 Tablespoon EACH: sage, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 8 Tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup shaved or grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper (do not use foil). I used one big and one medium sheet pan.
- Veggie Prep: Wash all veggies. Peel and slice carrots into small circles. Place in large mixing bowl. Trim ends of green beans and cut in half. Halve zuccini on the long side and face straight side down and slice into 1/4" half moons.
- Chop broccoli so you only have florets. Remove seeds and skins from red peppers and chop into bite-size pieces. Chop sausage into 1/4" circles. Add all veggies and sausage into large mixing bowl.
- Combine all of the seasonings into small bowl. Whisk together. Add half of the oil & seasoning mix onto veggies and sausage, lightly toss to coat.
- Pour veggie and sausage mix onto sheet pans, and spread out. (It's okay if ingredients overlap some). Drizzle remaining oil & seasoning mix over the veggies and sausage.
- Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and toss ingredients. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Remove and top with fresh chopped parsley or Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve with rice, if desired. (For meal prep, store in refrigerated containers for up to 4 days).
Leave a Reply