These Cinnamon and Ginger Stewed Apples are a simple, sweet and warming fiber filled recipe with lasting gut health benefits.
As I’ve shared previously I was diagnosed with a hormone imbalance and after doing my own research I decided to attempt to heal my hormones through food. A huge factor in healing your hormones is learning how to heal and take care of your gut and these Cinnamon and Ginger Stewed Apples have now become a weekly staple recipe. This is one of the simplest recipes you will make this week. However, it will be one of the most beneficial for your health.
These Cinnamon and Ginger Stewed Apples have a number of different health benefits, there is a reason they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Firstly, apples as a whole are packed full of fiber which help you stay fuller longer, help regulate blood sugar, and keep your gut happy. However, what makes these apples so beneficial is the pectin that is released when the apples cook down. Pectin is a water-soluble dietary fiber. This has a known prebiotic effect but several studies have indicated that pectin regulates intestinal inflammation. In addition the cinnamon adds spicy flavor but it also has great health benefits. Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants and other beneficial compounds. Some research suggests that it may help support blood sugar control, protect against heart disease, and reduce inflammation. Lastly, the added ginger can help nausea and aid in digestion as well as other amazing health benefits.
Enjoy these Cinnamon and Ginger Stewed apples first thing in the morning on their own or scooped over a cup of Greek yogurt. Any way you enjoy these, they will be a great addition in your gut healing journey.
Want more delicious desserts?
- 20 Genius Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Unbelievably Moist Banana Bread (#1 MOST POPULAR recipe with 2 Million Pageviews!!!)
- Hawaiian Pineapple Nut Banana Bread
- Mini Banana Bread Bottomed Cheesecake
- Smore’s Krispie Treats
- 3 lbs Organic Wax Free Apples
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Thumb Organic Fresh Ginger
- 2 Cups Filtered Water
- Thoroughly wash the apples. Slice and core the apples make sure to get all of the seeds. Thinly slice the the thumb of ginger.
- In a bowl add all of the sliced ingredients, then sprinkle in the tablespoon of cinnamon. Mix together until the all of the apples are coated in cinnamon.
- Place ingredients into a medium pot and add 2 cups of filtered water. Turn on the stove to a medium heat and cook the apples down until they are fork tender.
- Let cool and serve by themselves or scoop over a cup of Greek yogurt.
- Store the rest in a air tight container in the refrigerator and have 1 serving a day.
Leave a Reply