Keto Twice-Baked Cauliflower is the perfect substitute for mashed potato lovers. This side dish is not only flavorful, it is low carb friendly and gluten-free.
Some of you may not be sold on using cauliflower to replace potatoes. On a low carb plan, we are always looking for foods that can substitute the foods that aren’t allowed. Cauliflower is very low in carbs and easy to incorporate to your favorite dishes. This recipe is packed with all the same ingredients as a loaded potato without all the starches.
If you living a low-carb lifestyle or Keto diet, cauliflower is pretty much a staple in your meals. I use it for any side dish to replace rice, pizza crusts and one of my favorite recipes, Cauliflower Sausage Casserole.
How to make Keto Twice-Baked Cauliflower
- Roughly chop a large head of cauliflower or a 2 lb bag of Cauliflower florets.
- Boil salted water and cook cauliflower for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Mash the cauliflower into smaller chunks and transfer into large mixing bowl.
- Add sour cream, shredded parmesan, softened cream cheese, chopped green onion and 3/4 of the crispy bacon crumbles to the mashed cauliflower. Mix together.
- Pour mixture into greased 8×8 glass casserole dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese and the remaining bacon crumbles. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350F/180C for 30 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!