These tasty Gluten Free Mexican Conchas were made with real ingredients that you and your family will enjoy!
Made with real ingredients!
Beginning with a little bit of history before we embark on these tasty Gluten Free Mexican Conchas. The word “concha” translates into ‘Seashell” in English. However for us a Concha is a traditional Mexican treat. This sweet bread dates back to the 18th Century when French, Spanish and Italian bakers established themselves in Mexico. As time has past this treat has become an an integral part of Mexican culture and is often shared during family meals and special holidays. Growing up as Mexican Americans we’ve enjoyed this treat countless times. They are a nostalgic part of our childhood. Now as adults with gluten sensitivities we have had to learn how to enjoy our favorite treats as well as take care of our health. Thus these delicious Gluten Free Mexican Conchas with real ingriendents came to be.
As we know Concha’s come in mainly three traditional flavors- Vanilla, Chocolate & Pink (Vanilla with red food coloring). In this recipe we created took the essentials of a traditional Concha. We used all organic ingredients including cacao powder for chocolate and freeze dried strawberries for the “pink’ flavor and last but not least our favorite matcha green tea powder. We were so excited to use real ingredients to create delicious flavors that you can actually taste.
These Conchas used gluten free flour but please feel free to experiment and use real flour as well. Also we encourage you to experiment with different flavors, as it was so fun creating these flavors. We can’t wait for you to make these Gluten Free Mexican Conchas for family and friends to enjoy with coffee or tea!
Kneading the gluten free dough
To learn how to make these delicious Gluten Free Mexican Conchas below!
Want more delicious desserts?
- 20 Genius Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Unbelievably Moist Banana Bread (#1 MOST POPULAR recipe with 2 Million Pageviews!!!)
- Hawaiian Pineapple Nut Banana Bread
- Mini Banana Bread Bottomed Cheesecake
- Smore’s Krispie Treats
|12 conchas||45 minutes|
These delicious moist Gluten Free Mexican Conchas are made with all natural and exotic ingredients that you can enjoy with family and friends.
- 4 cups Organic Gluten Free Baking Flourr
- 1/3 cup Organic Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pkg Active Dry Yeast
- 3 medium Organic Pasture Raised Eggs At room temprature
- 1/2 Cup Organic Whole Milk or favorite dairy alternative milk
- 1/2 stick Grass- Fed Unsalted Butter Melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- In a small bowl heat the 1 cup of milk ( heat on the stovetop or 45 seconds in microwave) just make sure not to overheat. Once warmed add in 2 tsp of the granulated sugar with the 1 package of active dry yeast. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a stand mixer add in dry ingredients and whisk together. (remaing sugar, salt, and flour)
- Beat the 3 medium eggs and add them into the flour mixture. Then take your milk and yest mixture and pour it in. Lastly, add in the 1/2 stick of unslated melted butter. Whisk ingredients togther. This will leave you with a crumbly dough. You can knead by hand or use a dough hook to combine until you get tacky dough. Keep in mind that since this reciepe is GF is will be firmer than regular dough.
- Let your dough rest and rise covered for about 2 hours.
- Once the bread dough has risen and doubled in size, scoop it out onto an floured work surface and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equally sized balls Shape each into a rough ball by folding the dough in a round creating a seam on one side. Gently press down to form the balls.
- Place the dough balls on a greased baking sheet. Depending on how big you made your dough balls rough 5 to 6 balls should fit on you baking sheet evenly spaced.
Hola Ada, thanks so much for this recipe, my grand daughter will surely love this!! Thank you
Hola Lita! I’m glad you liked it and will share with your granddaughter! You can also see a video of the recipe on the blog!
I am making this recipe for a second time this morning! This time I plan to do 3 topping flavors.
These were a hit with my family last time, I’m excited to have them again.
Thank you for the recipe. 🙂
Wow Hailey! Please let us know how the three flavors turn out. Glad you and your family enjoyed these!