These springtime rice krispie treats are a quick and delicious delectable treat. It’s an iconic staple for a reason. This sweet and gooey homemade delicious rice krispie treat recipe will have you going back for seconds after the first bite.
Homemade is always tastier!
These Springtime rice krispie treats are a sweeter take on the classic nostalgic treat that has been made for years. First made back in 1939 by Malita Jensen and Mildred Day. This iconic treat is still made by millions of people around the world. Made in a variety of ways there really is no wrong way to dress up a Rice Krispie treat. Today I choose to dress up these treats by pairing it with another icon M&Ms and because I like to go all the way, i added some white chocolate chips as well.
After making these Springtime rice krispie treats I don’t think I can go back to buying the store bought ones. The homemade rice krispies treats are a soft gooey flavor. It does not compare from those made in a commercial factory. Making your own food at home can save you big time and not to mention the fun part of seeing how everything comes together and sharing it with the people you love! I recommend making these for a pot luck or any kind of celebration that your guest are sure to enjoy. I added the M&M’s chocolate and you can add your special touch and add other types of sweets and I’m sure they will be just as delicious. Or you can even make them savory – Let me know how yours turned out.
How to make scrumptious Springtime rice krispie treats you will need these ingredients:
- Box of toasted rice krispie treats
- Vanilla Extract
- White chocolate chips
Want more delicious desserts?
- 20 Genius Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Unbelievably Moist Banana Bread (#1 MOST POPULAR recipe with 2 Million Pageviews!!!)
- Hawaiian Pineapple Nut Banana Bread
- Mini Banana Bread Bottomed Cheesecake
- Smore’s Krispie Treats
|10 squares||15 minutes|
These springtime rice krispie treats are a quick and delicious treat. It's an iconic staple for a reason. This sweet and gooey homemade rice krispie treat recipe will have you going back for seconds after the first bite.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-hight heat. Turn down the heat to the lowest setting and add the regular sized marshmallows.
- Stir constantly until almost totally melted, then add the vanilla extract. Continuing stirring until the marshmallows are all melted, then pour into the rice krispie. Stir lightly to combine. Watch video to see the mixture
- Pour into a lightly greased 9x9 pan. Grease hands with non-stick spray and lightly press into the pan to even out. Allow to cool and set for about 15-20 minutes! Top with extra marshmallows, M&M's and more marshmallows to your liking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top has cracked.
Leave a Reply