This Banana Bread is such an easy and delicious breakfast or dessert! It is so moist that this recipe from my mom’s cookbook will be the only recipe you will EVER use!
There are hundreds, if not thousands of Banana bread recipes out there. The tough part is finding the one that is PERFECT for you!
Using simple ingredients and easy instructions, your home will be smelling like all kinds of deliciousness in no time! I’ve also included a few baker’s tips – both from my experience and my mom’s. This way you can can be sure your banana bread will come out perfectly!
Since I was a kid, I have loved bananas. My great-grandmother would send me home with a bundle after each visit. So it was no surprise that I fell in love Banana Bread! I remember waking up in the morning and smelling it baking in the oven. Then my patience was tested having to wait for it to cool down enough to have a slice.
Now that I’m in my 30’s, it was time to ask my mom to share her Unbelievably Most Banana Bread recipe with me and with my readers. All I can say is – DAMN!! It’s so good!
- Once you’ve mixed all the ingredients together, let the mixture sit for an hour before adding into the pan for baking. This is the secret to this recipe and trust me – it is worth it!
- If you don’t have a loaf pan, you can use a bundt pan. Decrease the cooking time to 50-60 minutes.
- If you don’t have ripe bananas, place them (with peels on) in a 240 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- If you have ripe bananas, but won’t be baking for a few days, peel and place them in the freezer until your ready.
- You can make the banana bread ahead of time and place the loaf into a ziplock bag to freeze. When your ready, leave out to thaw.